Friday, August 6, 2010

Welcome!

Alrighty Friends,


This is my first time blogging and Mitch, Natalie and I are going to be chronicling our adventures on the Navajo Indian Reservation (Navajo Nation) for this upcoming year.  In case you haven't heard we're all teaching at St. Michael Indian School this upcoming year.  There should many laughs, some tears, and maybe some other emotions but I can't really think of anything else.


So where were we?  Since this is an introduction to our life here I don't really have that much to say.  I could describe our trailer in many words but I'll only use one word  - glamourous.  Okay maybe its not that glamorous but its not terrible.  The walls are laminate wood and there still is a certain funk associated with it - but that's probably just Mitch and I (actually that's just me - hygiene isn't that important here and I haven't showered since I got here) Okay, okay I'm just lying I showered this morning... (maybe)

Quick quiz:
True or False: When traditional Navajo men buy new levis jeans, they cut the seat out of pants.
Answer will appear in our next post - I need a cliffhanger of sorts to keep you reading (sort of like 24).

Anyways, there will be hopefully many more posts and other good stuff so hopefully you all will stumble upon this in your ennui. 

No comments:

Post a Comment